Thursday, April 30, 2015

PRETTY PERFECT DESIGNS BY MICHELE STORMS

This month our design team is Celebrating all things Easter and Spring with eggs, chicks and rabbits oh my. 
Below are some amazing samples by
MICHELE STORMS



Walking the Baby

Supplies:
Gecko galz “Flower Power " paper pack
Gecko Galz “Mums the Word” collage sheet
Gecko Galz “Provance Garden” collage sheet
Distress inks
Washi tape

Instructions
I covered my cardstock with the Flower Power paper and added a strip of washi tape.  I arranged my images from the “Mums the Word” and “Provance Garden” collage sheets in the way I wanted (the "mum", the flower and key) and adhered them as well.  I punched a heart from an additional sheet of Gecko Galz paper.  



Easter Time: Happy Easter
Supplies:
Gecko Galz " Easter Parade " paper pack
Gecko Galz Easter Icons
Dragonfly brad by Eyelet Outlet
Border
Distress inks
“Happy Easter” stamp by Savvy Stamps

Instructions: The bunny and the chick are from the "Easter Icons" set (PNG images) and I added them digitally to the background paper from the “Easter Parade” and then printed it.  After adhering the design to card stock I simply distressed the edges, added a border at the bottom, a dragonfly brad and a stamped sentiment.  The "happy Easter" stamp was stamped on additional paper from the Easter Parade paper pack




Loving Mother

Supplies:
Gecko galz “Flower Power " paper pack
Gecko Galz “Mums the Word” collage sheet
Gecko Galz “Provance Garden” collage sheet
Distress inks
Washi tape

Instructions
I covered my cardstock with the Flower Power paper and added a strip of washi tape.  I arranged my images from the “Mums the Word” and “Provance Garden” collage sheets in the way I wanted (the "mum", the flower and key) and adhered them as well.  All edges were distressed with ink.  




Easter Time: Prima Doll
Supplies:
Gecko galz “Easter Parade " paper pack
Gecko Galz “Flower Power” paper pack
Gecko Galz Easter Icons
Distress inks
“Happy Easter” stamp by Savvy Stamps

Instructions: My goal with this piece was to use as many of the new papers from Gecko Galz as possible so I decided to do a paper-pieced Prima Doll showcasing several of the new papers. I used a combination of papers from the new Easter parade paper pack and the new flower power paper pack.  I stamped my Prima Doll stamp "Mindy" several times on the different papers.  And then I commenced a whole lot of cutting and gluing! I took some cardstock and cut it to make a card -- about the same size for a legal sized envelope.  I covered that cardstock with two of the gecko galz papers, then added a Gecko Galz Easter image from the Easter icons set.  The final step was stamping "happy Easter" on more of the Gecko Galz paper and adding that to the card.  




Easter Time: The Easter Bunny Cometh

Supplies:
Gecko galz “Easter Parade " paper pack
Gecko Galz Easter Icons
Distress inks
Lace border
Stickers

Instructions
I started with selecting 2 PNG images from the easter icons set -- the bunny and the egg bursting open with flowers.  I arranged them digitally on one of the gorgeous background papers from the Easter Parade paper pack. I printed that out and adhered it to my card stock and added distressing, bright pink lace and some easter eggs and a chick at the bottom!




A Mother’s Love

Supplies:
Gecko galz “Flower Power " paper pack
Gecko Galz “Mums the Word” collage sheet
Gecko Galz “Provance Garden” collage sheet
Distress inks
Flower stamp by Sunday International
Instructions
I covered my cardstock with the Flower Power paper.  I arranged my images from the “Mums the Word” and “Provance Garden” collage sheets in the way I wanted, adhered them to the cardstock and added the felt lace border at the top. I stamped the flowers from Sunday International and colored them with markers and cut them out to add to the bottom.  All edges were distressed with ink.  



No comments:

Post a Comment